1st Aid Courses
Be prepared with Aqua Team First Aid Courses
Know how to respond to emergencies – just in case. Statistics show you’re more likely to give first aid to someone you know than a stranger. When minutes count, you’ll be the person to give the necessary aid to a family member, dive buddy or co-workers, before Emergency Medical Services (EMS) arrive.
The Emergency First Response (EFR), Divers Alert Network (DAN) and ANDI Dive Medic, Primary and Secondary Care courses are accredited CPR and First Aid program that helps divers advance their knowledge, providing the skills they need to potentially save a life.
The courses build the confidence and skills needed to provide basic emergency care. You won’t just watch a video, you’ll get hands on practice with a CPR mannequin, simulate bandaging, role play an emergency scenario and other skills. You’ll get to practice each skill until you feel comfortable.
While the material taught in those courses is serious, it’s taught in a positive, upbeat environment. Here’s what you’ll learn:
- BLS (Basic Life Support) CPR and rescue breathing at the layperson level
- AED (automated external defibrillator) use (optional)
- Preventing and caring for shock
- Spinal injury management
- Use of barriers to reduce disease transmission risk
- Provide Emergency Oxygen
- Basic first aid: Illness & Injury Assessment, Bandaging, Management of fractures & dislocations, and first aid kit considerations
- Care for Children course is also available.
After you complete one of the programs, you’ll have the skills necessary to help others should it be necessary. By inviting friends or family members to sign up with you, those you care about the most will be better prepared in case of an unexpected emergency.